Thursday, September 11, 2014

*Review* - Unlit Star by Lindy Zart

22051310

Reviewer: Angie
Rating: 5 Stars


Where to begin? Have you ever read a book that is impossible to put into words? A book that came into your life at exactly the right time? A book that changed how you look at life? I book that you are convinced will be a New York Times best seller? Well, THIS is that book, for me? Giving it 5 stars just isn't enough! I must warn you that you WILL cry. I have actually heard people say that this is the first book that made them cry. You will cry tears of laughter, joy, and sorrow. You WILL cry! 

This is a NA book, but is SO MUCH MORE! It is a romance, a book about coming of age, a book about overcoming life's obstacles, about mending relationships between a mother and daughter and a father and son, and a book with so many lessons to be learned. The most important lesson is probably to not judge a book by it's cover. Rivers and Delilah learn this only when faced with tragedy. For me, this book spoke to the motherly side of me. I am a recent empty-nester and have struggled with the relationship with my daughter. Without giving too much of this book away, I will say that I now, after many tears, look at our relationship with a different perspective. 

There are some authors I admire for their clarity. They seem to think deeply at all times and make it seem so effortless. They are the authors I go to when I need clarity in my own life. Paulo Coelho has always been that author for me, but I just added Lindy Zart to that list! Thank you, Lindy Zart, for this amazing story!


We are not guaranteed anything, not even this life.

Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star-bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different. 

He falls far and he falls hard.

Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life's ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun.

Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.


No comments:

Post a Comment