Monday, August 4, 2014

* REVIEW * - Take Me: Part 1 (The Power Play Series #1) by Kelly Harper



Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars




Absolute trouble, great read... 

This is my first read of Kelly Harper and I must say it will not be my last.  I really enjoyed this eighty page novella, it was hot, sexy, and very enjoyable.  I read this book quickly, very quickly actually and I must say it was hard to put down.  It was full of drama, and a very sexy Brit Isaac Drake.  There was also a flirtatious close friend in the mix, Declan Cross, who I think is going to make life very interesting for Hannah Barnes, the female lead of the story.
 
You are first introduced to Declan when Hannah and he are text messaging, his text messages are flirty and fun.  Hannah has inherited her father’s company and will now be running it alongside Declan.  Hannah regards Declan as the brotherly type, just fun to be around, with no love interest there at all, but I don’t think the same can be said for Declan as he definitely has more interest in her than she realizes in my opinion.  A chance meeting in a bar, she comes across the sexy Isaac, who sweeps her off her feet in the whole alpha male kind of a way and she ends up doing things that most girls would only dream of. There are some very hot interactions between the two of them and I cannot really say more as it would spoil the plot of the book.   However, to say that Isaac has entered Hannah’s life and made an impact on her, would be an understatement.  So, basically I think there’s going to be lots of interactions and drama between the gorgeous flirty Declan and the insatiable Isaac, and Hannah is going to be dead center of it all.

I would recommend this short read and I am looking forward to reading more in this series by Kelly Harper.  I give this book five stars, go grab yourself a copy today.

*I was offered a copy of this novella for an honest opinion and review.*



Hannah Barnes has just returned to New York City after finishing business school at Harvard. She has one goal on her mind: to return to the company her dad started when she was just a little girl, and find a way to make him proud. This has been the sole focus of her life for the last few years, and she’s finally almost there.

When Isaac Drake comes crashing into her life, it’s everything she can do to keep her focus. He pushes her in ways she never thought possible, and infuriates her in ways that scare her. His sex is mind blowing. But she knows it can never be anything more.

A chance encounter, a one time fling, quickly turns into a lust-filled battle for dominance when she discovers that Isaac Drake is more than just the guy she took home from the bar. But what scares her most is the realization that he might be more than just the guy she needs in her bed, he might be the guy she needs in her life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment