Saturday, June 28, 2014

* REVIEW * - Encore by A.M. Madden




Reviewer : Cheryl
Rating : 5 Stars



Encore is the third installment in the Back Up Series by AM Madden.  This series follows the Rock Band: Devil's Lair (DL).  In the first two books, there was a lot of different changes and evolving of the characters.  The members of the band all grew because of their experiences with each other.  They have lived through spending time together during their tours, sadness, love, tragedy, and have grown closer. 

This book had me in an emotional state for majority of the book.  There were times when I laughed so hard I had tears. I also had moments of sadness that made me teary eyed. And there was definitely a moment where my heart melted in to a puddle of nothing at the sweetness factor.  Actually a few times I felt my heart melt for these characters that I have grown to adore.  

Encore centers on three relationships.  The first is of Jack and Leila, after they have been married, where Front & Center left off.  They are making adjustments and transitions of life as a couple and as rockstars.  The second is of Evan and Liz.  Evan's dreams are coming to fruition and has been living in a world where his life has come full circle.  He gained a sister and a father when secrets of his mother were revealed.  Their band, the Cliffhangers, has been given the great opportunity to open for DL on tour.  The last relationship is from Lori and Matt.  Lori is fickle in making up her mind.  She is in the relationship with Matt, but feels that there is something missing. She has become a great Manager for the Cliffhangers. She is distrustful of Matt, but feels she is settling for him because she doesn't feel the spark between them. 

All of these couples will go through a few obstacles before finding answers to questions that they have been asking.  Will Jack and Leila find the balance?  Will everything be fine with Evan and Liz? Is Lori and Matt a passing phase?  This book is beautifully written.  There are a few surprises that I was unaware of, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I cried at all the sappy moments and feel sad that this chapter in their lives are coming to a conclusion.  This series has been a great one and I have fallen in love with each and everyone of them for being so close knitted.  One Click it!

"Our fates were on a collision course and I'm not sure anything could have stopped them"
- Jack  & Leila 




Warning: This book is meant for mature readers who are 18+. It contains explicit language, and graphic sexual content.
You’ve read Back-up, you’ve read Front & Center, and you want an encore?

Jack and Leila have had to deal with some devious nonsense in their lives. But now, life is real good. 
Find out what they’ve been up to. Travel into the future with Jack, Leila and all their friends. Put to rest your questions of “What happened to …”

If you are looking for heartbreak, angst or drama, look elsewhere. Encore is meant to produce a long and breathy sigh. 

I hope you enjoyed the journey of these amazing people half as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Happy Reading!
xo
AM



No comments:

Post a Comment