Wednesday, March 12, 2014

*REVIEW* "Pretty Little Things" by Teresa Mummert


Reviewer: Liz
Rating: 5 Stars

If I could give this more than 5 stars I would!

I received an ARC copy of Pretty Little Things and from that Prologue and first chapter I was hooked. I’m kind of lost for words with this review I don’t really know where to start. I loved the book and want an actual paperback or hardcover in my hot little hands. I really want to do this book justice with my review so here goes.

Colin is our alpha male with a dark history. Then there is Annie, sweet and innocent or is she? Colin and Annie are pretending to be brother and sister to remain hidden from their past which continues to haunt Colin. There is a hidden attraction between them but Colin tries to keep his distance he is worried he will destroy her.

You get to read in Annie and Colin’s POV which is fantastic, you also read in Jacob’s POV. Jacob is a friend of Annie’s that she confides in and uses him as an escape from her over protective “brother”. There was not a single part in this book I didn't like there is something about it that draws you in and makes you fall in love with the characters, you really feel what they do. Boy can Teresa can write a good sex scene which gets the heat and heart rate rising. 
Even though I got an ARC of this book I still purchased it I can’t say this enough I LOVED this book! It has everything you want, a little mystery, a sexy alpha male, add the dark side of Colin and the sweetness of Annie and even though Colin seems to be this overbearing, over protect person he has a soft side which melts your heart.

BUY THIS BOOK!!! This is one of my top favorites this year so far, I have already pre-ordered another of Teresa Mummert’s books "Rellik" and can’t wait to sink my teeth into it, right now though I want to go read Pretty Little Things again! Love your work Teresa you are now another of my favorite authors! 

I was young enough not to understand that my life was different. Colin became the one person that I could count on to protect me. He suffered for the both of us by carrying the burden of our secret. 
We were the lucky few that got a chance to start over. A fake family, a new home and a pretty little life built on lies. But while our lives continued to intertwine, we were put on very different paths. Now it was only a matter of time before they collide and the beast behind the beauty is exposed




No comments:

Post a Comment