Wednesday, March 26, 2014

* REVIEW * - Objective (Bloodlines #2) by K. Larsen



Reviewer : Kaylene
Rating : 5 Stars



Wow, one of my favourites this year.  A real page turner ....

Objective is a story of guy meets girl, and the story that follows is as intense as it is wonderful.  It’s dark and sometimes a little twisted. It’s a love story with a lot more going for it - in fact its edge of the seat stuff at times.  The girl (Cypress) meets the guy (Cane) and their love is undeniable until tragedy strikes.  Cane is a guy who  comes from a criminal background and a crime family.  He wants to do the right thing and get away from his criminal background but tragedy strikes and due to a terrible event caused by Cane’s Uncle Ezra, Cypress accidentally shoots Cane.  Thinking the love of her life is dead she goes on the run from the family.  Uncle Ezra does not let it rest and is hell bent on finding her as she took something that belonged to him when went on the run.  Ezra is a vile man, he is vicious and dangerous and is hell bent on destroying Cypress.  Cypress changes her name to Magnolia (Mags) and sets up a new life.  This new life is anything but pleasant, she is holed up in a fortified trailer but she starts to enjoy her life again and meets some fantastic characters that add to the plot well.

I don’t want to write much more about the book plot except to say that it kept me on my toes.  I felt so badly for Mags most of the time.  She shut out life to protect herself and she had many dreams and flashbacks which help you understand why she’s the way she is.   The situation is totally messed up and she exists in a hell like state.   Her life is now about survival and how she goes about setting her life up, even though she knows that her past is going to catch up with her, it’s not a matter of if, it’s when.

I totally loved this book, I have a few on my best list this year but this is one of them.  Fantastic story, hot characters, great writing with twists and turns that you don’t expect.  If I could give this book more than five stars I would.   Thank you for the opportunity to review your work K. Larsen with a copy for Magic Within The Pages, I am a fan and will be reading more of your work in the future.



My story started out cliché, good girl falls for bad boy, but one wrong move changed all that. Turns out the good girl doesn't save the bad boy. My story goes from cliché to risqué to mind blowing. My story is different from all the others because the events of my story led me to one thing...my objective.


Remembering him comes in dreams and flashbacks that I can't control. I tell myself it’s time to let go...but moving on from him is impossible when I still see our lives in my head. 

When you kill your soul mate you don’t ever really recover. 



A year of trying to forget or rather move past it has taught me that you can't. Its an impossibility to move on from that kind of horrific form of betrayal. If you you’re too selfish or scared for suicide, like me, you learn to wake up every morning and follow routine. One foot in front of the other, day after day. 

Hollow. Lifeless. Haunted. Loving him was like the sun on a summer day. Living without him is like slowly burning to death. Torture.

A Bloodlines Novel. 
*Note Tug of War is the 1st in the Bloodlines books, each book can be read as a standalone book.* 



Purchase Link unavailable


No comments:

Post a Comment